The Game Rules
The GameDuell Rummy rules are largely based on the official international Rummy rules.
The exact rules can be read below.
The Rummy cards
In Rummy there are two packs of cards, consisting each of 52 cards and 3 jokers. The suits, in order are clubs, spades, hearts, diamonds.
Each suit includes the following cards which count as the following value:
- Each player is dealt 13 cards. The rest of the cards are placed in a pile face down. The top card of this pile is placed face up and starts the discard pile.
- Each turn consists of drawing and discarding a card. If a player draws a card from the discard pile and returns the card immediately, their turn is over. The card counts as being drawn and discarded. It is not possible for the player to draw a second card from the other pile in the same turn.
- In the Rummy variation, a player is allowed to meld runs or sets if the sums of these add up to at least 40 points from their first turn. In the Rami variation, a player is only allowed to meld runs or sets from their second turn, if the sums of these add up to at least 51 points.
- Melded sets cannot be altered, what is placed is placed.
- If the minimum points required are not reached, the player must take back all the cards they placed.
- Players who have placed the minimum point requirement may exchange jokers, meld and lay off cards during their turn.
Sets and Runs
- You must have at least three cards to meld a run or a set. Melding more than three cards is allowed.
- A set includes cards of the same value in one of each suit: clubs, spades, hearts, diamonds.
- A run includes a series of cards in one suit, starting with the lowest card. For example, 10 of clubs, jack of clubs, queen of clubs.
- An ace can be used after a king (counts as 11 points) or before a two (counts as 1 point).
- Jokers can replace any card, their value is then the value of the card they replace on the table.
- Jokers cannot be placed next to each other. There must always be less Jokers than normal cards in a set or run.
- Jokers in a set can only be exchanged if the set is complete and consists of four cards. Jokers that are exchanged must be used immediately in the same turn.
- Jokers cannot be discarded. Exception: Jokers may be discarded as the final card if it causes a player to win the round.
- Knocking is not allowed. It is not possible to split sets or runs on the table.
End of Game
- If a player has only one card left, they are not allowed to draw a card from the discard pile if this card enables them to win and finish the round.
- The player to get rid of all the cards in their hand and place the final card on the discard pile wins.
- When a player ends a round by discarding the last card in their hand, the other players receive the minus points of the cards left in each of their hands.
- If a player goes Rummy, i.e. melds all their cards in one single turn, they win the round. The other players then receive double the minus points of the cards left in each of their hands.
- The winner of a round always scores 0 points.
- When the game ends, the player with the least minus points wins.
- Multiple players can win if they all have the same score at the end of the game.
- Start by placing a minimum of 40 points
- Melding in round 1 allowed
- Start by placing a minimum of 51 points
- Melding in round 1 not allowed