Game Rules Bubble Deluxe
The goal of Bubble Speed is to shoot bubbles from the bubble shooter cannon upwards and to collect as many points as possible. In order to do this, you must shoot the bubbles so that you form groups of 3 or more of the same-colored bubbles.
Between the bubbles you will see boosts which you should attempt to release. They will help you to achieve a higher score.
Boosts are triggered when they are destroyed in a group of at least 3 bubbles.
The Playing Field
- The cannon which is used to shoot the bubbles can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- At the start of the game, you begin with 90 seconds which can be extended by destroying the ‘Extra Time’ Bubbles.
- Located by the cannon, in a barrel to the left-hand side of the screen, you will find the color of the next available bubble.
Aim of the Game
- Clear as many bubbles as possible to gain as many points as you can.
- You play until the time has run out. In contrast to other games where you progress through the game, the goal in Bubble Speed is to play as long as possible. Collect as many ‘Extra Time’ bubbles as you can in order to extend the possible playing time.
- The more ‘Extra Time’ bubbles you collect, the more playing time you have and therefore the more points you score.
Use the mouse pointer to aim in the direction in which you would like to shoot.
- You can shoot the bubbles in the cannon by clicking with the left mouse button.
- Rather than trying to shoot the bubbles closer to the cannon, try to shoot those farther up as this targets larger bubble groups.
Bubbles which cannot be shot at directly can often be reached by bouncing the bubble off the side walls.
- When the bubble you want to shoot doesn’t match, press SPACEBAR and the bubble will be swapped with the preview bubble (found in the barrel on the left side of your screen).
Time and Points
- Time: When starting the game, you have 90 seconds. You can earn extra time for every ‘Extra Time’ bubble you collect.
- The remaining time is reflected by the clock on the right side of the screen. Additional seconds are added to the clock when you destroy the ‘Extra Time’ bubbles. As soon as the clock reaches 0, the game is over.
- Points: Each bubble which is popped is worth 100 points.
- Release bonus: You receive bonus points for each bubble which is not directly destroyed but rather released when a cluster of bubbles is shot down. You can make these bubbles fall by popping the bubbles above. The bonus increases based on the amount of bubbles in the cluster group which falls.
Hints and tips
In Bubble Deluxe you have an unlimited amount of shots so don’t spend too much time trying to aim and shoot precisely. It doesn’t matter how many shots you use to collect the ‘Extra Time’ bubbles. It’s more important to focus on shooting quickly and ensuring that you release the next ‘Extra Time’ bubble before the time runs out.
Always keep an eye on the ‘Extra Time’ bubbles and try to figure out how you can release the next ‘Extra Time’ bubble as soon as possible.
Don’t just shoot the bubbles at the bottom of the playing field, try to aim higher. You can often create a ‘tunnel’ of bubbles to reach a cluster or pop bubbles at the top of the screen by using the walls on the left and right side of the screen. Doing so may clear a larger bubble cluster which will give you more points.