Game rules Zoo 21
Zoo 21 is a combination card game. The aim of the game is to sort the cards from the pack into groups of 21.
The playing screen
- The pack of cards consists of 52 cards and 2 jokers.
- There are 4 columns in which cards can be placed.
- If you can't or don't want to place a card in one of the 4 columns, you have the option to click the discard button which allows you to feed the crocodile 10 cards per level.
The aim of the game
- Sort all the cards from the pack, forming as many groups of 21 as possible.
- Once you have sorted all 54 cards, you will reach the 2nd level. After the 2nd level, you will enter the bonus level!
- The more combinations of 21 that you form, the more points you receive.
- You collect food for the zoo animals with each combination of 21. For each animal that you feed, you receive extra points.
- In order to play the card from the top of the pack, click on the column where you would like to play it.
- If you have created a group of 21 in a column, the cards disappear and you receive points.
- You are not allowed to exceed the amount of 21 in any column. If you exceed the amount of 21, you will receive minus points.
- If you cannot place a card in one of the four columns, click on the discard button in order to feed this card to the crocodile. Be careful though: only a total of 10 cards can be discarded! If you cannot play any more cards, the game is over.
- If you have successfully cleared the pack, a new level with a new pack of cards will start. After level 2, you will reach the bonus level!
- The game is over if you cannot play any more cards or the time has run out.
- The jack, queen and king are all worth 10 points. The ace is worth either 1 or 11 points. You can therefore complete a group with a sum of 10 or 20 with an ace.
- By using the joker, you can complete whichever column you wish.
- If you place 5 cards in a column without exceeding 21, this also counts as a valid combination ("Five Card Charlie").
- If you can form 21 with three sevens, you receive triple the amount of points!
You have placed a card in a column.
21 Points in One Column
This means a cleared group of 21.
Busting the 21
You exceed the amount of 21 in a column.
If you don't feed any cards to the crocodile, you form a "series". For every additional group of 21, your points per group increase.
Every additional group adds on-top:
Five Card Charlie
In addition to the series bonus, you get a "Five Card Charlie" bonus if you have placed 5 cards in a column with a combined sum of less than 21.
You have formed a group of 21 consisting of 3 sevens.
There is a target time for the game (5 minutes). If you beat this time, you receive bonus points for each remaining second.
You receive points for each animal you feed by collecting 4 fruits in the 4 columns.
Every additionally fed animal adds on-top:
You can give a number of non-placeable cards to the crocodile, depending on the level.
For each card which you don't feed to the crocodile, you will receive a reward.
Card Deck Empty
You have sorted all 54 cards from the deck.
end of level
If you complete both levels, the gate to the zoo opens. Each pair of hidden animals you find scores additional extra points. If you guess a wrong pair, the count starts over at the beginning.
1st pair of animals
2nd pair of animals
3rd pair of animals
4th pair of animals
5th pair of animals
6th pair of animals
Tips and Strategies
- Try to form groups of 11 as there are a lot of cards worth 10 in the game.
- Avoid forming too many columns with a sum of 20 as these can only be completed with an ace or joker.
- Try to form groups of differing amounts in each column. This means you have a better chance of finding a compatible card.
- Try to spread the groups of 21 across the 4 columns as much as possible. By doing this you receive a greater feeding bonus.